With so much going on it can be easy to forget something
Take some time to make a list of small tasks and tick them off
as you go.
Help on the day of your move
As soon as you get the date for your move and the time for the
exchanging of keys you can start to get organised:
- Book some time off work for the move
- Make arrangements with a reputable removal company and start
collecting any packing materials you may need.
- Cancel all services such as newspaper and milk deliveries and
inform gas, electric and telephone companies of your move.
- Contact the post office to redirect your post
- Hire professional cleaners to clean the house for you, it will
be one less thing for you to worry about.
- Compile a fact file for the people who have bought your home,
include things like rubbish collection day, recycling arrangements
and heating instructions
If you have been renting the property you should check your
original contents list, and ensure that everything is in order.
On the day of the move, defrost your fridge and freezer
and make sure you leave any instruction booklets for appliances you
agreed to leave. Pack a bag of essentials for your first twenty
four hours so you don't have to root through boxes for items like
Finally take utility meter readings and arrange to pay any
outstanding bills, ensure the removal company know where they are
going and close and lock all windows and doors before you