Every year, unlicensed agents cause Britain's homebuyers and
sellers unnecessary stress and hassle - and sometimes loss of money
- by giving incorrect or misleading advice or offering poor
standards of customer service.
By using a Licensed NAEA agent you are guaranteed:
- That the agency is covered by a Client Money Protection
- The NAEA have the ability to make discretionary grants (up to
pre-set limits) if you suffer financial loss due to the
bancruptcy or dishonesty of the member and/or their firm...
look at our CMP guide to
find out more.
- That the agency has Professional Indemnity
- This ensures you are financially covered for successfull claims
relating to members' negligence, bad advice or mishandling of
- To be consulting with a qualified and trained agent who
can give you professional up-to-date advice and guidance.
- All our members are required to carry out at least a minimum
level of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) each year and
many do more.
- That you are dealing with an agent who voluntarily
follows the Code of Practice and Rules of Conduct laid down by
their professional body.
- If an agent does not follow the code, they can be fined or in
the worst cases expelled from membership of the NAEA. Our
disiplinary process includes everything from cautions and warnings
right through to more severe penalties of up to £5000 for each rule
breached. You can be sure that the highest standards are upheld by
- That you have a route to redress should something go
As a member of the public:
You can be sure you are dealing with an experienced and
professional agent, by choosing an NAEA member
Membership of the Association is through formal qualification
ensuring that NAEA member agents have the knowledge and experience
to guide you through your property transaction as smoothly and
painlessly as possible. Operating under strict rules of conduct,
members must meet certain standards relating to professional and
ethical practice. Under the rules, agents are required to protect
and promote their client's interests, while at all times acting in
a fair and proper manner. If you are unfortunate enough to suffer
at the hands of malpractice by an NAEA estate agent, the
Association can take disciplinary action on your behalf.
You are better protected and will get higher standards
from NAEA members!
What are Regulated NAEA Estate Agents?
A Regulated NAEA Estate Agent
can offer you the same quality level of service outlined above,
without the guarantee that you can visit a branch an consult with a
qualified and trained NAEA member. We therefore encourage you to
look for the Licensed NAEA Member logo for the very highest level
Here are the NAEA Rules of Conduct